An eBook or an electronic book refers to a piece of writing, any publication in digital form that consists of texts and images. It is the way for writers to publish their work inexpensively, giving the extensive audience access to it. They allow you to self-publish in a comparatively easy way, and there are eBook writing services online that you can avail to make your work even more comfortable.
Writing and publishing your eBook isn’t too difficult a task, but it does require some planning and a lot of effort. Let’s take a look at how you can write and publish your first very own eBook.
Have a strong idea
An eBook is quite similar to a traditional book; the only things different about it are the medium and execution. Even in the outline provided by eBook writing services, you’ll find that the process is quite similar. You must always begin with a strong idea. This is the foundation on which your entire book will be based, meaning that your plan must be something you can carry through to the end and something that people will enjoy reading.
- If you are a fictional writer, it will take you more time to set the foundation because sorting out that kind of information takes more time.
- An advantage of writing an eBook is that it can be any length you want. When printing, a lot of publishers do not accept books that aren’t long enough to be worth writing on paper.
Plan it out – an eBook writing service might help
Make sure you cover every possible aspect of the topic you plan to write on. This means expanding your basic idea and classifying information according to what you want your book to be like. Make sure all the information you include is necessary and valid, you do not want to drag it out. Make the entirety of your writing informative for a better reading experience for your audience.
- How much planning you need depends on the kind of book you are writing. For example, a biography may be slightly more difficult than a topic you have prior knowledge on, like in the case of a writer, a book on writing.
- eBook writing services can be very helpful in this case. They can help you plan everything out in a very professional way.
Don’t let things get too confusing
You may confuse planning with organizing, but they are not. While the eBook writing service could help you plan things out, organization depends a lot on you as well. You might have to rearrange your book several times to get it into the order that you would like it to be. If this step is skipped, things could get really complicated and compiling everything would take a lot more time. It will affect how easily comprehendible your book is.
- Make a list of what information you want in what section of the book in the right sequence.
- Make sure you put the basics first so that your reader has a good idea of what they are likely to find in the rest of the book.
Begin to write
Now that you’ve done the basics, it’s time to get practical. Keep in mind that writing refers to only writing. At this stage, you do not have to worry about things like titles and content tables. Write according to the requirements and what will be easier for you. If it’s more convenient to write it piece by piece and then compile those parts together into a single book, you may do that.
- Be patient. Hurried work lacks quality and that clearly shows. Make sure you don’t make the mistake of not thinking enough due to impatience or even excitement.
- Motivate yourself to work constantly. If you feel like you are losing interest, give yourself a break instead to giving up entirely.
Always review and make multiple drafts
This is a basic thing to remember; you must always make multiple drafts. Think of your first draft as disposable – it is not for anyone’s eyes but yours. No matter how experienced or skilled, no writer can ever write the perfect book on their first try. Give it time for rearrangement and improvement. You will find a lot of things that you’d rather have written some other way.
Design an eye-catching cover
Another thing you can get help for through an eBook writing service is the cover. This is what will be the first thing to attract your readers. Make sure it’s intriguing and tells the story within your book. You must ensure that this cover will appeal to your target demographic in order to sell your book and have people read it.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Camille Henderson has a master’s degree in Linguistics from the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Illinois. She has written an autobiography along with several articles for Content Majestic on different topics, mainly academic. She loves to write and draw in her free time.